Welcome to Cathedral Academy, a leading professional development training programme designed exclusively for Optometrists.
Our Academy is dedicated to empowering Optometrists with the latest knowledge and expertise in various aspects of Ophthalmology. Through a series of face-to-face CPD (Continuing Professional Development) events held across Ireland, we offer a diverse range of topics delivered by our experienced Ophthalmic Surgeons.
At Cathedral Eye Academy, we understand the significance of staying up-to-date with the ever-evolving field of Ophthalmology. Therefore, we provide Optometrists with the opportunity to expand their skills, through a variety of sessions including interactive lectures, webinars, wetlab events and peer discussions.
Our CPD sessions are free to attend, spaces are limited and are offered on a first come first served basis.
- Experienced Ophthalmic Surgeons- Our team of renowned Ophthalmic Surgeons share their vast knowledge and practical experience, delivering comprehensive training across all aspects of Ophthalmology.
- Earn CPD Points- We offer a diverse range of CPD topics to cater to the needs of both experienced Optometrists and those at the beginning of their careers. As a GOC accredited provider, all our programs are CPD accredited and are designed to keep you up-to-date with the latest advancements and best practices in the field.
- Free Attendance- At Cathedral Academy, we believe that continuous learning should be accessible to all. Our face-to-face CPD events held across Ireland are free to attend, making it easier for you to invest in your professional growth.
- Convenient scheduling- We understand the demands of your busy professional life. Our CPD events are scheduled at convenient times, outside of working hours, ensuring minimal interference with your practice and patients.
- Networking Opportunities- Connect with fellow optometrists, expand your professional network, and engage in meaningful discussions during our CPD events.
- Comfortable Learning Environment- We value your comfort during our events. Refreshments are served at all of our events.
COURSE: Refractive Lens and
Laser Surgery Made Easy!
*THIS COURSE IS FOR OPHTHALMOLOGISTS ONLY*
Dates: 22-24th March 2024
Venue: Cathedral Eye Clinic
CPD Points: 13 points
Course Type: In-Person Course
Cost: £1,200 per delegate
This course seeks to provide the requisite knowledge for ophthalmologists keen to start a refractive surgery practice. The course will focus upon standardisation of preoperative assessment and investigations, and standard operative techniques all designed to prevent complications and optimise patient results. The course is conducted by experts in their field.
Delegates are limited to 20 and, therefore, will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis.
Click here to view our course webpage for more information.
Please contact Victoria Gillespie on 02890322020 or email@example.com to book your place!
Upcoming CPD Events
Topic: Corneal Foreign Body Removal Workshop
Date: Wednesday 31st January 2023
Time: 6.00pm -8.00pm
Venue: Cathedral Eye Clinic
CPD points: 3 interactive points
*This event is now fully booked. Further Corneal Body Workshops will be planned for Feb and March 2024.*
Refreshments will be served from 6.00pm. Please note any dietary requirements on the booking sheet below.
This skills workshop will provide you with the opportunity to have hands-on experience, using high quality prosthetic eyes on a slit-lamp, teaching best practices and techniques of removing foreign bodies.The session will open with a presentation on ‘Ocular Foreign Body Injuries’ from Clinical Director, Professor Jonathan Moore, before beginning the practical skills workshop. Spaces available are limited to 20 and, therefore, will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis. In order to reserve your place, please click the link below. We hope you will be able to join us.