Theatre Bookings Manager
At Cathedral Eye Clinic, it is crucial for all patients to have a friendly, expert, personal and knowledgeable guide at their side throughout the surgery discussion and booking process (in planning the “event”, on the day and afterwards). A lay person who can organise highly effectively, utilise the booking system / calendar, answer patients’ questions, clarify any issues and provide a consistently reassuring presence and point of contact at the Clinic, from first appointment through the screening and testing phases to the surgery day itself – and beyond.
This process will be implemented by the Theatre Bookings Manager (TBM) who will be positioned at the Front-of-House / Reception area of the Clinic. The TBM will be the first member of the team the patient meets after their clinical assessment or consultation, and they will explain the whole process to the patient. The TBM will then remain the patients’ key point of contact throughout their treatment pathway, so patients always know whom to call if they have any questions or concerns.
The TBM will form part of the clinic management team, will report directly to the Clinic / General Manager and will work closely with the Nurse Manager and the Consultancy team to continue to plan the patients’ “Big Days” and run the busy surgery booking function successfully and seamlessly.
Although booking patients in for their appropriate procedures is the priority aspect of the role, the TBM will also help with the smooth day-to-day running of the clinic schedule – along with the Receptionist team.
The TBM will be part of a wider Front-of-House team and will be expected to conduct all receptionist duties as and when the need arises.
The TBM will work in collaboration with the General Manager, Nurse Manager, Senior Optometrist, Administrative Manager, Patient Experience Manager and the Clinical Director in the implementation of clinical protocols and proper delivery of care.
In summary, the role will involve:
- Greeting and Meeting patients at their initial consultation and guiding them through their first visits – making them aware that you will be their contact person if they have any queries in the future.
- Counselling and responding to the patient resulting in patient booking for surgery.
- Invoicing patients for deposits and surgery balances.
- Ensuring all the clients’ needs are met while visiting the practice.
- Managing patient satisfaction, patient enquiries and counselling KPIs
- Providing drops and pre-operative letters / advise / instructions.
- Booking patients for their post-operative appointments.
- Completing the relevant administration.
- Updating all records on the patient database as appropriate.
- Organisation & efficient running of the clinic floor with receptionist and Optometry team.
- Organising theatre lists and schedules in accordance with Consultants and Nurse management.
- Maintaining patient communication by telephone, emails and letters.
- Dealing or working along with the General Manager to deal with patient complaints.
- Liaise with other visiting surgeons and helping them in the clinic.
- Attending or helping in the organisation of any business-related activities such as Optometrist / GP Seminars or Patient Seminars along with the senior optometrist and General Manager.
- Create daily reports of all key figures, conversions, bookings and cancellations, and thus identify missing receipts, outstanding payments, and potential patient bookings.
- Work closely with our marketing department developing patient literature.
- Gathering of patient testimonials on an ongoing basis.
- Identification and implementation of new processes to improve patient care and staff satisfaction;
- Creating new policies;
- Assessing and managing quality assurance;
- Handling patient complaints
- Managing and liaison with health insurance companies & patients in relation to Private Patient invoicing.
- Involvement, where required, in NHS Waiting List Initiative organisation and implementation.
The candidate will report to management on patient numbers coming into the Clinic as well as follow-up plans, including:
- Numbers booked into the next stage of the pathway
- Plan for following up undecided patients
It is important that the successful candidate is flexible enough to meet with patients after clinic appointments to discuss the next stage in their pathway. This will mean occasionally being open and driven to working beyond clinic hours.
- Positive, personable, highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and positive person.
- Can-do attitude with patients being the priority combined with colleague support.
- Long-term Commitment to advancing the Clinic and making it a pleasurable place to work and to attend.
- Flexibility to work occasional Thursday evenings and Saturdays (normally to 1pm).
- Strong IT skills and ability to adapt to new systems fast.
- Demonstration of strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinker with new ideas that can be implemented effectively to improve the role.
- Composure under pressure with adept problem-solving and prioritisation skills.
- Front-of-house / reception experience.
- Event management experience.
- Administrative, secretarial and patient service experience.
- Effective organisational, analytical and time management skills.
- Attention to detail as well as well as a high level of written and verbal communication, alongside a flexible and forward-thinking approach is of considerable personal importance.
- Being a team player whilst working individually.
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] by Monday 31st May 2021
Cathedral Eye Clinic is Ireland’s most advanced laser eye surgery treatment clinic. We offer each and every one of our valued patients unparalleled levels of care, comfort and expertise, combined with advanced laser technology and state-of-the-art facilities. The patients’ journey to clear vision will be overseen by some of the very best local consultants the country has to offer, providing patients with positive, memorable experiences and the best possible clinical outcomes. Our expertise ensures that quality of life is improved for adults of all ages.
Founded and directed by Professor Johnny Moore, Cathedral Eye Clinic was established in 2008 with the clear objective of serving as Ireland’s premier centre of ophthalmic (eyecare) excellence, offering a world-class, unrivalled patient experience with Quality Care, Clinical Excellence & Patient Safety as key tenets. Our facilities offer a variety of expert eye treatments which can provide patients with total freedom from glasses and we are proud to be the only healthcare company on the island of Ireland to offer the revolutionary ReLEx VisuMax SMILE laser eye treatment. At Cathedral Eye Clinic, we believe in raising the bar in the pursuit of medical excellence and as well as laser refractive surgery, our surgical specialty focuses on cataract treatment, ocular surface reconstruction, retinal treatment, oculoplastics and other forms of intra-ocular eye surgery.